Sanjoy Kumar Nandi is the Lecturer at the Department of physics.Currently, he is studying towards a PhD degree at The Australian National University. Aim of his research is to understand microstructural origin of resistive switching properties in transitional metal oxides. His research interests include electronic and magnetic properties of materials, high-permittivity gate dielectric films, resistive switching,nanoionics, electron spectroscopy, nano-materials, nano-electronics,renewable energy, etc.
Journal Publications (Selected)
(18) S. Li, X. Liu, S. K. Nandi, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman. Coupling dynamics of Nb/Nb2O5 relaxation oscillators. (Submitted Applied Physics Letters)
(17) G. G. Marmitt, S.K. Nandi, D.K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman, M. Vos, P.L. Grande “Diffusion in TiO2 films studied by electron RBS and ion RBS ” (Submitted APL Materials)
(16) X. Liu, S. Li, S. K. Nandi, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman “Threshold Switching and Electrical Self-Oscillation in Niobium Oxide Films ” (Accepted for Journal of Applied Physics )
(15) S. K. Nandi, X. Liu, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman Effect of Electrode Roughness on Electroforming in HfO2 and Defect-Induced Moderation of Electric-Field Enhancement
Physical Review Applied 4 (2015) 064010-11.
(14) S. K. Nandi, X. Liu, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman “Self-assembly of an NbO2 interlayer and configurable resistive switching in Pt/Nb/HfO2/Pt structures.” Applied Physics Letters 107.13 (2015): 132901.
(13) S. Li, X. Liu, S. K. Nandi, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman. “High-endurance megahertz electrical self-oscillation in Ti/NbOx bilayer structures.” Applied Physics Letters 106, no. 21 (2015): 212902.
(12) S. K. Nandi, X. Liu, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman . “Threshold current reduction for the metal–insulator transition in NbO2_x-selector devices: the effect of ReRAM integration.” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 48, no. 19 (2015): 195105.
(11) G. G. Marmitt, L. F. S. Rosa, S. K. Nandi, M. Vos: Analysis of multi-layer ERBS spectra.
Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena 202 (2015): 26-32.
(10) S. K. Nandi, S. K. Nath, A. K. M. A. Hossain, J. U. Khan: Effect of Zn Doping on Structural and Magnetic Properties of Ba4Ni2−xZnxFe36O60 Hexaferrites. Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism 09/2014;
(9) X. Liu, S. K. Nandi, D. K. Venkatachalam, K. Belay, S. Song, R. G. Elliman: Reduced Threshold Current in NbO2 Selector by Engineering Device Structure. IEEE Electron Device Letters 08/2014; 35(10).
(8) M Vos, X Liu, P L Grande, S. K. Nandi, D K Venkatachalam, R G Elliman: The use of electron Rutherford backscattering to characterize novel electronic materials as illustrated by a case study of sputter-deposited NbO films. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms 06/2014;
(7) M. Vos, P. L. Grande, D. K. Venkatachalam, S. K. Nandi, R. G. Elliman: Oxygen self-diffusion in HfO2 studied by electron spectroscopy. Physical Review Letters 04/2014;
(6) S. K. Nandi, M. N. Hoque, H. R. Ghosh, R. Chowdhury: Assessment of Wind and Solar Energy Resources in Bangladesh. Arabian Journal for Science & Engineering, 11/2013;
(5) M. Vos, P. L. Grande, S. K. Nandi, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman: A high-energy electron scattering study of the electronic structure and elemental composition of O-implanted Ta films used for the fabrication of memristor devices. Journal of Applied Physics 08/2013; 114(7).
(4) P. L. Grande, M. Vos, D. K. Venkatachalam, S. K. Nandi, R. G. Elliman: Determination of thickness and composition of high-k dielectrics using high-energy electrons. Applied Physics Letters 08/2013; 103(7).
(3) S. K. Nandi, H. R. Ghosh: Prospect of wind–PV-battery hybrid power system as an alternative to grid extension in Bangladesh. Energy 07/2010;
(2) S. K. Nandi, H. R. Ghosh: Techno-economical analysis of off-grid hybrid systems at Kutubdia Island, Bangladesh. Energy Policy 02/2010; 38(2):976-980.
(1) S. K. Nandi, H. R. Ghosh: A wind-PV-battery hybrid power system at Sitakunda in Bangladesh. Energy Policy 09/2009; 37(9):3659-3664.
Conference Proceedings (International)
(4) S. Li, X. Liu, S. K. Nandi, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman: Temperature dependence of threshold switching in NbOx thin films. Conference on Optoelectronic and Microelectronic Materials and Devices (COMMAD), Perth, Westernal Australia, Australia; 12/2014
(3) X. Liu, S. K. Nandi, S. Li, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman: Finite element modeling of resistive switching in Nb2O5-based memory device. Conference on Optoelectronic and Microelectronic Materials and Devices (COMMAD), Perth, Westernal Australia, Australia; 12/2014
(2) S. K. Nandi, X. Liu, S. Li, D. K. Venkatachalam, R. G. Elliman: Resistive switching behavior in HfO2 with Nb as an oxygen exchange layer. Conference on Optoelectronic and Microelectronic Materials and Devices (COMMAD), Perth, Westernal Australia, Australia; 12/2014
(1) S. K. Nandi, D. J. Llewellyn, K. Belay, D. K. Venkatachalam, X. Liu, R. G. Elliman: Effect of Microstructure on Dielectric Breakdown in Amorphous HfO 2 Films. Microscopy & Microanalysis Meeting, Hartford, CA, USA, August 2014; 08/2014
Renewable energy resource assessment
Hybrid energy systems design and optimization
Resistive Random Access Memory (ReRAM) device fabrication and characterization
Semiconductor devices fabrication and characterization
Current Research Projects
1.1. Current research project will combine experimental work, computer simulation and modelling to investigate the physical processes underpinning resistive switching in transition metal oxides (e.g. Ta2O5, HfO2, Nb2O5 and NbO2) and to explore its application in future non-volatile memory (i.e. ReRAM) devices.
2. NbO2 Thin films of undergo a thermally induced metal-insulator transition (MIT) during which the electrical conductivity of the film changes by several orders of magnitude. Current project also involves understanding MIT behaviour and investigating its potential as a neuristor for neuromorphic computing applications.
3. Experimental methods and computer simulation and modelling to investigate the metal-insulator transition in transition-metal oxides, and to develop new materials-science strategies for improving the functionality of these materials for application in future nonvolatile memory devices.
Renewable Energy, Wind, Electrical Engineering, , Solar Energy, Semiconductor, Microfabrication, Hybrid Systems, Device Physics, VLSI, Nanoelectronics, Thin Films.
Renewable Energy, Solid State Physics, Material Science, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Statistical Mechanics.
Sanjoy Kumar Nandi
Department of Physics
University of Chittagong